Getting in shape and sticking to your health goals can be a roller coaster. Sometimes it’s a struggle, and you feel like you’re swimming upstream.
Then you have those moments where you notice your gains in the mirror, or your favorite jeans feel a little looser, or you crush a HIIT workout that used to feel impossible — and suddenly all that hard work is worth it.
Wherever you are in your weight loss journey, these relatable memes will help you get through the tough spots, one LOL at a time. Just don’t laugh so hard you pull a muscle.
1. When you’re still new to this healthy-living thing.
Lifting a martini glass totally burns calories, right?
2. When your workout is dragging on…and on…
Is this thing broken? It’s definitely been an hour.
3. When you don’t see immediate results and it’s a little annoying, to be honest.
Me: [uncontrollable sobbing] I can't see you anymore. I won't let you hurt me again.
Trainer: It was a sit-up. You did 1 sit-up.
— Jedi Cheesy Grits (@JediGigi) May 25, 2016
First of all, rude.
4. When your math game is strong.
Getting through a cardio workout can turn you into a Harvard-level arithmetic genius.
5. When you reach everyone’s favorite part of the HIIT workout.
Ugh. Just keeping burpee-ing, just keep burpee-ing…
6. When you wanted to see results, like, yesterday.
I think I found an ab muscle! Oh wait, that might be last night’s taco.
7. When all those squats finally pay off.
*grabs mic* “I’d like to thank everyone who made this moment possible…”
8. When the plateau hits and you’re searching for inspiration.
Roll up to the gym like, “What’s up, I’m ready for leg day.”
9. When you run into someone you haven’t seen in a few months.
via Meme Generator
Sure, you’re doing this for you — but it never hurts to bump into your ex after you’ve finally made those gains. Take a picture, honey, it’ll last longer.
10. When you take that hard-earned ego trip.
via Meme Generator
Yeah, this new lifestyle and I are thinking of making it Facebook-official.
11. When pizza is calling your name.
Eating in the bathtub is clean eating. Can’t argue with facts.
12. When you try “low-carb” and it feels like pure torture.
I’m starving. Is drywall a carb?
13. When a snack attack happens.
Whatcha got there? Wait, where are you going? Hey! You! Get back here with those salty carbs!!!
14. When you’re feeling the burn.
I could use a Swedish massage right about now.
15. When you nail a tough workout.
Even after the sweat, the tears, and the endless planks, it’s all worth it — because you know you’re stronger, fitter, and healthier than ever.